Today I’m sharing how to make this super easy DIY Peppermint Hand Scrub. If you’re anything like me, the dry air and changes in weather are leaving your hands in much need of some TLC. This easy little DIY is a great gift to give, and uses just a few ingredients.
The original base for this hand scrub recipe is simply sugar and Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap. I found the recipe years ago, it’s a copycat of Mary Kay Satin Hands. I’ve added a couple more ingredients and festive twist in this version.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. This is at no additional cost to you.
DIY Peppermint Hand Scrub
You will need:
- small container (I used 4 oz. mason jars)
- granulated sugar
- Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Finely crushed candy cane pieces
- Peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Fill jar approximately 2/3 full with granulated sugar
- Add 1 Tbsp of Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap and stir
- Add 1 tsp of vegetable glycerin
- Add more Dawn dish soap as needed, one Tbsp at a time, until you reach the desired consistency. You want it to be combined but easy to scoop out. If it’s too runny, add more sugar. Be sure to scrape all around the sides and bottom of the jar to thoroughly mix ingredients.
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil if desired
- Sprinkle the top with crushed peppermint pieces
- Rub a teaspoon or so of the scrub into wet hands and gently scrub. Rinse and dry, and don’t forget to use lotion! Your hands should feel every soft and clean, and stay moisturized throughout the day.
You can simply write on the lid, or add a little tag to fancy it up a bit. I like to add a festive ribbon or twine if I’m giving away as a gift.
And that’s it! I hope you enjoy making this sweet little gift!
Check out these other DIY gifts: