This Roasted Chickpeas Recipe is seriously simple but so amazing. My picky eaters gobbled them up right away and they are a great go-to snack when you are craving something salty.
Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are a legume that pack a huge nutrition punch. They are loaded with fiber, antioxidants and protein. Studies have also found that people who consume chickpeas regularly have less cravings for processed food and eat less food overall.
Now that sounds like a win.
- 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chickpeas and pat dry with paper towel.
- Drizzle olive oil onto a cookie sheet and add chickpeas, spreading them out evenly over the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 mins or until crispy and golden.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Once chickpeas are cooled, put in a bowl and sprinkle on spices.
- Toss to coat.
Roasted Chickpeas are great just for snacking, or add them to a salad for some crunch.